Skype for Business (previously known as Microsoft Lync) provides organisations with great flexibility and functionality. Our team of experts will work with you to ensure it’s implementation is the best choice for your organisation.
What is Skype for Business?
Skype for Business provides you with one central platform that utilises your internet/data connection and enables you to make and receive calls, hold conferences, use video and share information.
Skype for Business can be purchased as part of the Microsoft Office 365 suite or as a stand alone product depending on the functionality you require.
What features does Skype for Business offer?
There are different levels of Skype for Business subscription, the higher the subscription level you choose, the more features you have access to. The following are features supplied as the core of Skype for Business:
- Instant Messaging (IM) – instant message your contacts, including file transfers.
- Presence – see the status of your contacts so you know when they are available.
- Voice & Video calls – call your contacts using your Skype for Business account, choose if you want to enable video.
- Share your screen – share your screen and documents with other users on the call.
- Conference calls – hold meetings with multiple people – voice, video or IM.
- Recording – record your presentation to share with others, post event.
Is Skype for Business right for you?
There’s no question that Skype for Business provides organisations with access to fantastic features and possibilities, but is it relevant to your business? We always recommend that you have a detailed conversation with an IT expert who can review your requirements and existing IT setup. They can then advise if it is the right solution or if an alternative would better suit your needs.
Unsure if Skype for Business is right for you? Speak to one of our experts on 0117 959 5143, or complete our enquiry form and we’ll call you back.