Are you considering introducing Microsoft SharePoint into your organisation? Below we share some insight into the features it provides and how our experts can use it to implement a solution that provides increased productivity, collaboration and ease of access to your organisation.
What is Microsoft SharePoint?
Microsoft SharePoint is a tool that provides a central ‘hub’ so that you can share, organise and manage information with multiple people regardless of their location. It can also be developed to provide something that is bespoke to your organisations and needs whether that be look, function or both.
Microsoft SharePoint can be deployed on your own infrastructure or, it can be cloud based as part of the Microsoft Office 365 suite, the choice is yours.
What features does Microsoft SharePoint offer?
- Ease of access – regardless of your approved users location or device they can access it anytime, anywhere.
- Collaboration – improve collaboration by using SharePoint as a central information hub, you define access levels based on folders, projects and documents.
- Productivity – by sharing project plans and updates, you can manage multiple projects from one central location, helping you to keep things on track.
- Version control – activate document ‘check out’ to ensure you can keep track of updates and most recent versions of documents.
- Customisation – with the help of a Microsoft expert your SharePoint site can be completely customized to suit your organisations needs both in terms of look and functionality.
Is Microsoft SharePoint right for you?
Microsoft SharePoint isn’t the right solution for all organisations and we always recommend that you have a detailed conversation with an IT expert who can review your existing IT infrastructure. They can then recommend if Microsoft SharePoint is the best solution or, if there is an alternative that would deliver your needs more effectively.
Unsure if Microsoft SharePoint is right for you? Speak to one of our experts, call 0117 959 5143 or complete our enquiry form and we’ll call you back.